Powderhook, an innovative hunting and fishing tech company, is looking for top-performing, ambitious and self-starting college students who love to hunt, fish and get outdoors – and want to get real-world marketing, business experience, and learn more about the outdoor industry. As an extern, you will share your outdoor experience and expertise and interact with others to help to introduce people to the active outdoor lifestyle we love and enjoy and, in doing so, help Powderhook grow.
Powderhook externs will be part of a college-based network of externs who will promote, largely through social-media interaction, the Powderhook app and participate in marketing and other events to raise awareness about the app while promoting hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation.
Powderhook is a cutting-edge hunting and fishing tech company dedicated to helping people have better outdoor experiences, through an app that connects outdoor enthusiasts of all walks of life and experience levels. Through Powderhook, outdoorsmen and women can communicate with fellow outdoorsmen and women and ask how-to, where-to, or any other type of questions.
Whether someone is new to the outdoors or an experienced hunter, they can ask their outdoor-related questions on the app and someone in their area or the area they are asking about will help get them on the right track. Are fishing biting on Lake So-and-So; are ducks showing up from the north yet; is ABC Public Hunting Area full of deer; what’s the best bait for crappie in your area; are spring gobblers still henned up – those are the type of questions streaming into the Powderhook App seeking help and advice from local experts.
As a Powderhook extern you will:
- Be Part of an Innovative New Program
- You will have different opportunities and experiences that will help you prepare for your career. These marketing and business opportunities will allow externs to gain experience, learn new things and sharpen skills.
- You will be able to earn caps, T-shirts, hunting, fishing and shooting gear and other swag based on the level of your participation and success.
- Be Given a Powderhook Pro Account
- With this account you will be able to create a custom banner to post events and create personal content within the Powderhook app. Users have to pay for Pro accounts but externs will get access for free. This can be a key tool in marketing efforts, increasing your interactions – and your chance to earn additional gear and prizes.
- Have Your Ideas Implemented
- Powderhook encourages you to provide feedback on our app. Your ideas could be implemented into the app. Creativity pays off. This is a chance to be on the leading edge of, and participate in, outdoor-marketing technology.
- Get Involved in Real-World Learning Experiences,
- You will have the opportunity to participate in webinars, phone conferences, and speeches from the leaders in the outdoor industry. You’ll have a chance to learn from the top experts and company leaders across the outdoor spectrum.
- Start Your Own Marketing Campaigns
- Being innovative will make you stand out. You will be able to build your own marketing campaign like hosting events, posting on social media and pitching stories to the media to help market Powderhook. The more you put into your marketing efforts, the more you will get out of it. Imagine the resume-building potential of having your ideas as part of a national marketing campaign.
- Learn From Powderhook’s CEO
- You will have the chance to participate in Q&A’s with our CEO on many different topics ranging from starting a business to hunting and fishing. Be forewarned, he likes a good hunting or fishing story, whether he’s telling them or you are.
- Have the Opportunity to Write
- Your stories about your outdoor adventures may be published on Powderhook’s blog and your outdoor videos may be distributed on all our social media platforms as well as our blog.
- Have the Ability to Publish Articles
- You will have the opportunity to create content for our newsletter, which is distributed to all our app users
- Have the Ability to Grow
- You will have the ability to advance your role within the externship program. As the program matures, there will be opportunities to grow and advance into a higher role.
As an ambassador of Powderhook, you will interact with other hunters, anglers and outdoors people as the face of the brand. You will be an extension of Powderhook, a person-to-person link between the brand and outdoor users. Keep that in mind as you try to be the best extern you can be.
It’s simple. We want you to share your outdoor experience, expertise, photos, videos, stories and anything else related to the outdoors.
For starters, we want you to:
- Share photos and information about the brand on your social media, doing so in a natural way.
- Interact with others who are asking questions about Powderhook, or posting in the Powderhook app. It’ll give you a chance to answer questions posted on Powderhook or interact with others to find answers.
- Take the Outdoor Pledge. Powderhook seeks to unite individuals and groups that care about the true meaning of hunting and fishing. By taking the pledge you are committed to being a steward of the land, promoting goodwill through strong ethics, honoring the beauty and fragility of nature, acting lawfully and respectfully, and teaching the next generation to do the same.
- Recruit other ambassadors. We want the Powderhook Externship program to spread to campuses across the nation. You can help by introducing friends, acquaintances or hunting and fishing buddies at other colleges.
As part of Powderhook’s Externship Program, your objectives will be to market Powderhook any way you think will reach the most potential users effectively. The main objectives are getting people to download the app, app interactions, increasing brand awareness, and developing content within the app.
- Use marketing tools
- Social media platforms
- Creating marketing campaigns
- Creating your own marketing idea
- Increase Brand Awareness
- Host events that Powderhook will sponsor to help promote brand awareness
- Attend events on campus and talk about Powderhook and our mission
- Get New Users to Download the App
- Use your creative marketing ideas and resources to market to potential users
- Creating Content
- Your content will come from:
- Being an active user in the app, asking questions, answering questions, posting reports of your outdoor activities
- Writing stories to post on Powderhook’s blog
- Helping create newsletter articles
- Your content will come from:
- Goals for Externs
- Earning swag by surpassing milestones of the number of people downloading the app
- Increasing your cred in the app. Cred is a scale that tells us how much a user- is posting, commenting, and liking posts in the app. The more posts, comments and likes earned by the extern, the more cred.
- Regularly posting on social media platforms.
- Extern Challenges:
- Challenges will be held throughout the externship. We will have campus vs. campus challenges as well as intramural campus challenges. The goal of challenges is to bring out the competitive and creative side of each extern. Coming up with new and innovative ways to outperform your peers can make you a challenge winner and earn prizes.
- What Else You Need to Know
- As a part of Powderhook you will gain real-world working and learning experience you can proudly add to your resume. This is ideal for creative self-thinkers who are willing to think out-of-the-box and make things happen
- Along with all of the access you will have being an extern, you will also be able to earn awesome swag from Powderhook and our partner companies.
- Your experience with Powderhook will be what you make it but we will be here to guide you step-by-step to get started and help you do the best work – while giving you room to let your creative energies loose. In a nutshell, this program is a unique opportunity for anyone who is an avid outdoorsmen in college who wants to learn more about start-up businesses and gain experience in marketing. It’s a real resume builder. We want you to enjoy working with Powderhook and we will do everything we can to make your experience with the program as enjoyable and rewarding as possible.
To apply for the Powderhook Externship Program go to this link-> https://goo.gl/forms/xTn6SOXAjniweXxv2
If you have questions email, email@example.com