- Where storing non-food items in a cooler and your frozen deer steaks outside is the norm.
- Deer camp, the one time a year it takes you longer to get dressed than a pack of 5 year olds and their mothers.
- The biggest threat to your hunting trip is a fogged scope, only because you can’t get buck fever when you can’t see the deer.
- Negative 20 windchill and the change in attitude it brings. The house is on fire?…”At least I’ll be warm when I go.” Whitetails are chasing does?…”I’ll be home late honey.”
- At some point smell freezes right? Right??
- Long hours in a blind make you become philosophical. To shoot or not to shoot, that is the question.
- A foot of snow is a welcome sign because it makes it easier to trail blood, unless that foot of snow is on top of your trail.
- The shivering isn’t from buck fever.
- Cleaning a deer is a welcome sign, if only because it temporarily warms your hands.
- Hanging deer makes your trees look like redneck Christmas trees.
We’ve personally experienced one of these, I’ve experienced them all within the last week. If you have anymore to add to the list, we’d love to hear from you. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The author’s view while hunting public land found on Powderhook.com in western Nebraska.