I feel lucky to have grown up in a family that values our hunting and fishing heritage. Many of my earliest memories involve hunting with my Dad, Grandpa and Cousins. But, for those who didn’t grow up the way I did, hunting and fishing can be intimidating or maybe even off-putting. While I may never convince you to feel differently about killing an animal, I can offer you these 10 reasons hunting and fishing are about so much more than that. If, after you read them, you decide you want to give it a try, hit me up. It’d be my honor to help you get started.
10) Fish you catch or animals you harvest are the most free range, organic, sustainable food you can eat.
9) No one ever remembers the day they sat on the couch all afternoon.
8) There is so much to love about nature – so many things you can’t see or hear until you let the wild world around you forget you’re there.
7) Your grandpa did it and you love your grandpa.
6) The gear – so much cool gear – and with every new season comes new gear you get to shop for.
5) Freshly caught walleye and Shore Lunch.
4) You’ll stop getting socks and bad ties for Christmas and start getting Cabela’s or Bass Pro Shops gift cards.
3) It’s one of the best excuses I’ve found to spend quality time with people you care about.
1) Wild animals live in the most beautiful places on earth.
About the Author:
Eric Dinger is the co-founder and CEO of Powderhook.com, a website built to help people hunt and fish more often. With Powderhook you can find spots, plan trips and organize events in an environment built specifically for sportsmen and women.